10 20 40 60 cm
mittakaava > 60 cm
© Copyright: Images:
NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). All rights reserved.
- Family: Salmonids – Salmonidae
- Similar species: atlantic salmon, brown trout, rainbow trout
- Size: 3–7 kg
- Appearance: The coho is a rather deep-bodied salmon. As with other Pacific salmon species (Oncorhynchus) its anal fin has 13–19 rays, compared with a maximum of 12 for Finnish salmonids.
- Colouring: Silver body with dark back and caudal fin showing black spots.
- Reproduction: Not known to reproduce in the Baltic Sea area.
- Food: Other fish.
- Distribution and habitat: During the days of the Soviet Union, coho salmon were introduced into the Baltic by Finland’s eastern neighbour. Large numbers were caught in the 1980s. May now have disappeared.